Terms & Conditions
Article 1 – Definitions
Grabachair: The company with limited public liability L&L Company VOF established and with its registered office at Tielsestraat 28, 8851 Ardooie
Offer: The goods which Grabachair intends to supply to the client, together with the estimate for the associated costs.
Client: The individual or legal body who instructed Grabachair to supply the items and/or goods.
Contract: Each contract between Grabachair and client concerning the purchase and sale of goods.
General Terms & Conditions: These general terms & conditions of Grabachair
Article 2 – Applicability
- The general terms & conditions apply to all offer requests, proposals, contracts and supplies concerning the sale and purchase of items and/or goods.
- Grabachair rejects the validity of any client’s general terms & conditions, unless it is evident from a document signed by both parties that Grabachair and the client have agreed otherwise in writing.
- In the event that any provision in these general terms & conditions may be null and void or may nullified, this does not invalidate any of the remaining provisions.
- Deviations from and supplements to these general terms & conditions may only be agreed with Grabachair in writing.
- All of the clauses in these general terms & conditions have been drafted for the benefit of all of the directors of Grabachair and all persons employed by Grabachair and/or engaged by Grabachair.
- By entering into the contract the client accepts these general terms & conditions, without the requirement for any further written confirmation.
- The company, it’s brands and its trademarks, logos, pay-off, images, photographs and product names are copyrighted by Grabachair and are not allowed to be used without permission. Abuse and deception by using the brands, trademarks, logos, pay-off, images, photographs and product names is not allowed.
- These general terms & conditions have been lodged with the Chamber of Commerce in Bruges.
Article 3 – Offers
- All of Grabachair’s offers and price lists continue to be without obligation. All offers apply for the term stated in the offer. In the event that no term is stated in the offer, the offer is valid for 14 days. Grabachair is only bound by the offer in the event that the offer is signed by the client and received by Grabachair within fourteen (14) days. Grabachair is entitled to revoke the offer within two (2) working days of receipt of the acceptance.
- Each offer is based on the details, drawings, specifications and other information from Grabachair collection or from those supplied by the client with the request. The details are only binding for Grabachair if this is laid down in the contract.
- The prices included in the offer are exclusive of VAT and other government imposed duties, together with any costs incurred within the context of the contract, including dispatch and administrations cost, unless stated otherwise in the offer.
- In the event that discrepancies from the offer arise in the implementation of the contract, Grabachair shall inform the client of this as swiftly as possible.
- In the event that the sum invoiced by Grabachair to the client exceeds the sum stated in the offer by a percentage of 10% or less, such an excess shall be considered to be an acceptable margin of error in the estimate, the risk of which shall be borne by the client. Grabachair is not bound to inform the client of this.
- Grabachair reserves the right to charge the client for any price changes and storage costs which may occur in the period between the signature of the contract and the invoice date.
- Grabachair reserves the right to charge the costs incurred in issuing a complicated offer to the client at the time that a contract is entered into between the parties as a result of that offer.
- Grabachair is entitled to refuse an assignment for its own reasons, even if the client is a member of the Grabachair dealer network.
Article 4 – Prices
- The minimum order amount for delivery can be obtained from Grabachair Sales Support and in all cases the prices are exclusive of VAT, sales tax, shipping/dispatch costs, packaging, administration costs, insurances and any other taxes or government levies, apply.
- All deliveries are made at the agreed prices, on the understanding that should any materials, packaging, raw materials, unfinished goods, purchase prices, wages, wage costs, social and government taxes, freight charges, insurance premiums, exchange rates and/or other factors which determine the price of the goods be subject to amendment, Grabachair is entitled to amend its prices accordingly on one (1) occasion per annum, due to the influence of the aforementioned non-exhaustive list of market conditions. Such a price amendment does not entitle the client to dissolve the contract or to have the contract dissolved, unless the price amendment constitutes an increase over more than 15%.
- In the event that a price has not (yet) been agreed, Grabachair shall charge the client the prices and rates which apply at the time of delivery.
- All of the costs arising from later supplements and/or amendments to an assignment by or on behalf of the client are to be borne entirely by the client.
- All prices shall be indexed/amended annually on 1 January by the applicable price index figure of the Central Office of Statistics.
Article 5 – Contract
- After the clients written order or instruction, Grabachair will process the order and send the confirmation.
- The confirmation of the order by Grabachair must be checked upon receipt by the client and in the event of the establishment of any discrepancies, these must be immediately communicated in writing to Grabachair.
- The client is not entitled to transfer or mortgage his rights arising from the contract to a third party without Grabachair’s written permission.
- Grabachair reserves the right to supply orders on cash on delivery terms without stating the reason.
Article 6 – Delivery time
- The delivery terms stated in the offer and/or contract only apply for the purpose of information and never apply as deadlines.
- The delivery time in the offer and/or contract shall in any case be extended for the duration of any delay, in the event that the delay is the consequence of insufficient cooperation by the client in the implementation of the contract.
- Exceeding the delivery time by Grabachair shall never be considered to be a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the obligations arising from the contract and does not allow the client the right to dissolve the contract, refuse payment or to neglect its obligations in any other way. Nor does the exceeding of the delivery time render Grabachair liable for the payment of compensation of any nature whatsoever.
Article 7 – Dispatch, delivery and collection
- Delivery occurs as soon as Grabachair surrenders or allows the goods to be surrendered to the client.
- In the event that the goods are dispatched by Grabachair transport or by shippers working on its behalf, delivery is made by presenting the goods at ground floor level of client’s warehouse or showroom.
- The risk for the goods transfers to the client at the moment that the client takes delivery. Delivery is defined as: the placing of goods under the client’s control. The goods are also placed under the client’s account and risk from the moment the client neglects to perform actions which it is required to perform in cooperation with the delivery. The client is in default if he does not accept delivery of the goods immediately at the agreed delivery time and delivery location. The client must make available (allow to be made available) sufficient resources and personnel for the swift and undisrupted unloading of the goods. Extra costs generated by negligence on the part of the client, including storage, administration and transport costs for the unaccepted goods shall be borne by the client.
- Grabachair cannot accept liability for color variations which are no greater than color nuances. The client may not reject delivery on that premise.
- The client is obliged to check the delivered goods for quantity, quality, specification and other discrepancies from the agreed standard immediately and within two weeks of the delivery at the latest.
- Grabachair is entitled to deliver an order in full or in part deliveries. In the latter case Grabachair is entitled to demand separate payment for each individual part delivery. If and so far as a part delivery is not paid for by the client, Grabachair is not obliged to delivery the subsequent part delivery, but Grabachair is entitled, at its own discretion, to suspend or dissolve the contract for the duration that the client fails to fulfill this obligation, without legal intervention and without the requirement to place the client in default, without prejudice to its other rights, including the right to compensation.
- In the event goods are collected by Grabachair’s transport or by shippers working on its behalf, the client is obliged to put the items ready for transport at the time and day set by Grabachair. The client is in default if he does not and Grabachair will be entitled to charge, without legal intervention the costs, with a minimum of € 50,00 by invoice.
Article 8 – Retention of title
- The delivered goods and the goods to be delivered remain the exclusive property of Grabachair for as long as the client fails to fully comply with its obligations arising from the contract and all claims which Grabachair has or shall have against the client, including claims as defined in article ………… of the Belgian Civil Code for interest and legal and extrajudicial costs have been paid in full.
- If the client manufactures a new item from goods delivered by Grabachair which are subject to the retention of title, in manufacturing that item it acts at Grabachair instruction and shall retain the item for Grabachair. It only acquires title at the moment that retention of title expires.
- As long as the title to the goods has not been transferred to the client, these goods may not be pledged or any right to them be extended to third parties, except for within the normal course of its business.
- The client is obliged to store goods which are delivered subject to retention of title with all due care and recognizably as the property of Grabachair. The client shall insure the goods against all risks based on the invoice value. The client shall provide Grabachair with the name and address of the insurers and copies of the policies at its first request. Furthermore the client shall establish a silent pledge in favor of Grabachair over its claims in respect of that insurer at Grabachair’s first request.
- Grabachair is entitled to recover goods delivered subject to retention of title and which are still present at the client’s premises in the event that the client is in default of its payment obligations or encounters or threatens to encounter payment difficulties. The client shall permit Grabachair access to its premises and/or buildings at all times to inspect the goods and/or for the implementation of its rights.
- The aforementioned provisions are without prejudice to Grabachair’s other rights.
Article 9 – Claims
- The client is obliged to inspect the goods thoroughly for defects immediately following delivery. In the event that the client is of the opinion that there are defects, the client must state these defects on the shipper’s consignment note upon receipt and inform Grabachair of this within 48 hours of delivery by letter including illustrations. Claims will only be accepted provided they are submitted to Grabachair by letter within 48 hours of delivery. Once the aforementioned time period has expired the delivered goods are deemed to have been accepted irrevocably and unconditionally by the client. Any legal claims must be instigated within one year of the timely communication of the claim upon penalty of expiry. The burden of proof of timely communication of the claim rests with the client.
- Claims of whatever nature do not suspend the clients payment obligations.
- Discrepancies in quality, dimensions or colors which cannot be technically prevented or which are generally accepted in custom and practice may not constitute any grounds for claims. Furthermore the claim shall only be honored by Grabachair if it is permitted the opportunity to inspect the goods in their original condition. Only goods which are returned upon Grabachair’s instruction and furthermore the claim for which is approved by Grabachair shall be accepted by Grabachair. Return shipping is at the client’s risk and expense. For a claim which has been proved by the client and approved by Grabachair, Grabachair may, at its discretion, opt to replace the components or items to which the claim relates or to credit the client, to the exclusion of any other right to compensation on the part of the client. Each part delivery is regarded as a separate delivery for the purpose of claims.
- The client may not submit claims in respect of goods which it has processed further following delivery by Grabachair.
- Should the parties be unable to arrive at an agreement an independent expert shall be engaged, the costs of which shall be borne by the party which is found to be in the wrong.
Article 10- Liability
- Grabachair is never (including in the event of force majeure, failure to fulfill any obligation, unlawful act, incorrect advice) bound to the payment of any compensation and/or penalty. Insofar as it is legally established that the aforementioned exemption from liability cannot remain in force it applies that the sum to be paid by Grabachair in respect of compensation and penalty shall (may) never be greater than the sum covered by the product/liability insurance taken out by Grabachair .The sum to be paid by Grabachair in respect of compensation and penalty shall (may) not be higher than the sum stated on the invoice in respect of the goods concerned. In all cases it applies that Grabachair is never liable for indirect and/or consequential loss. Grabachair is not liable for loss caused by or during the implementation of works to goods belonging to the client and/or third parties or to persons.
- In the event that Grabachair supplies to a client who during trades during the course of his business or profession and supplies to products supplied by Grabachair to a consumer, the client indemnifies Grabachair against all consumer claims of whatever nature from the moment that the goods are delivered by Grabachair and are inspected and accepted by the client within the period stated as defined in article 9.1. Following the aforementioned inspection the client is liable for all consumer complaints. Should a consumer claim against Grabachair directly, the client is liable to Grabachair for the full sum claimed from Grabachair which sum Grabachair is entitled to claim from the client without the requirement for legal intervention.
- Grabachair is not liable for loss which is the consequence of the compliance of goods delivered by Grabachair with legal or other government imposed requirements in respect of (the use of) those goods.
- Grabachair is not liable for loss which is the consequence of errors or neglect by third parties who, with the client’s consent, are responsible for the supply of materials or the carrying out of works.
Article 11 – Force Majeure
- In the event of force majeure, Grabachair is entitled, at its own discretion, to suspend the implementation of the contract in full or in part for the duration of the circumstances leading to the force majeure situation, or to dissolve the contract without the client having the right to claim compensation.
- Force majeure circumstances include the following: strikes, lockouts, fire, water damage, natural disasters, external calamities, mobilization, war, import or export traffic restrictions, government measures, delays in the supply of raw materials or components, lack of workforce, failure by suppliers and any circumstance which obstructs the normal course of business as a result of which the failure to fulfill the contract by Grabachair cannot reasonably be expected.
- In the event that as a result of force majeure Grabachair is unable to fulfill the order normally, it is entitled to implement the contract at a later date or to declare the contract to be dissolved in full or in part without the requirement for legal intervention.
- In the event of dissolution as defined in article 11.3 the client is obliged to accept the available goods and to pay the l purchase price proportionally. In the event that Grabachair is forced to incur extra costs in order to fulfill the order as a result of force majeure, it is entitled to pass on those extra costs to the client.
- In these cases Grabachair is not obliged to pay compensation of any nature whatsoever.
Article 12 – Guarantee/service
- In the event that within one year of supply goods demonstrate defects which are due to poor manufacture, construction or installation, those goods shall be repaired or replaced at Grabachair discretion. Grabachair is in that case not liable for any additional costs incurred by the client of whatever nature.
- If the client has made modifications, carried out repairs or used supplied goods in an abnormal way, Grabachair is not obliged to honor the guarantee.
- In the event that the client wishes to make a claim under this guarantee, it must do so in writing within fourteen days of the date it discovered, or could reasonably have discovered, the defects. The goods must be left in unaltered condition until Grabachair has investigated the claim.
- The client indemnifies Grabachair against all claims by third parties in respect of goods supplied by Grabachair or works undertaken by Grabachair unless it is established legally that those claims are a direct consequence of gross negligence on the part of Grabachair and furthermore that the client demonstrates no blame on its part in this respect.
- The client undertakes to take out appropriate commercial liability insurance in respect of his liability for goods delivered by him to third parties which were wholly or partly manufactured by Grabachair or for which Grabachair supplied materials.
Article 13 – Payments
- All invoices sent out by Grabachair must be paid by the client within THIRTY days of the invoice date, without discounts or settlements of any nature, unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
- Grabachair is entitled to demand payment in full prior to or upon delivery of the goods.
- In the event of non-compliance, part-compliance and untimely compliance with the aforementioned clauses the client is placed in default and in neglect without the requirement for legal notice of default. In the event of default interest is charged which is equivalent to statutory commercial interest on the invoice sum, calculated from the invoice date.
- In the event of default, including in the circumstances referred to elsewhere in this article, legal and extrajudicial costs in respect of the establishment of loss and liability and obtaining compliance, together with the prevention of limitation of loss as a consequence of events upon which liability rests, the interest on the principal sum and other costs – in addition to the principal sum – become payable immediately. Extrajudicial costs amount to 15% of the principal sum with a minimum of € 500.00, supplemented by advances and taxes due.
- The payments due to be made by the client must be made without deduction, discount or suspension, settlement, compensation, debt offsetting, debt mining, however referred to and for whatever reason. The client therefore expressly waives these rights.
- If Grabachair has accepted an order, the client is obliged – which obligation forms an integral part of the contract – to provide Grabachair with proof of its creditworthiness if requested to do so, either prior to delivery or thereafter, to provide security for the fulfillment of all its obligations. The obligation to provide security stated in this clause also applies to the obligation to pay compensation for loss to Grabachair.
- In the event that the client remains in default of its obligation to provide security, Grabachair is no longer obliged to fulfill its obligations to the client, without prejudice to its right to the payment of funds due to Grabachair arising from the contract and the payment of compensation.
Article 14- Failure to perform and dissolution
- In the event that the client does not fulfill its obligations due to bankruptcy, payment moratorium, receivership, embargo upon its goods, temporary closure, transfer or liquidation of its business or any significant change to its financial circumstances, Grabachair is entitled to dissolve the contract without the requirement for legal intervention, without prejudice to its further rights to compensation.
- Furthermore, in the event of the circumstances stated in the first clause, Grabachair has the right to suspend the implementation of all current contracts between the parties, whereas under these circumstances all of Grabachair’s outstanding claims become due instantly and immediately.
Article 15 – Applicable law and competent court
- All disputes are resolved amicably. Should this not be possible disputes will be ruled upon by the competent court in Bruges. Grabachair is also entitled to submit disputes to another competent court.
- Contracts, general terms & conditions and any further contracts, together disputes arising from them are subject to Belgian law. The Vienna Convention on the International Sale of Goods of 11 April 1980, Trb 1981, 184 is in no way applicable.